Monica's Wilderness Heals Hike Adventure

I have chosen to participate in the Wilderness Heals Hike supporting the Elizabeth Stone House and wish to update everyone on my progress up until the hike and thereafter. Every June/July more than 70 women will hike for 3 days in the White Mountains of New Hampshire to help other women in need. All of us will challenge ourselves and most will go higher and farther than we ever dreamed we could. Join me on the challenges and adventures leading up to my first hike...

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Countdown to the Hike!!

Dear Friends:

With my new hiking boots broken in and my continuous struggle in trying to hold my ~20-30 lb backpack, I am in anticipation of my 3-day hike to the White Mountains of New Hampshire, which is set to go in 3 weeks. I have already tackled a 3 hr training hike and am keeping up with my rigorous workout schedule...I'd say I am almost about ready to go. Of course there is still the challenge of what is yet to come.

In case you would like to follow up on my hiking efforts and updates, you may visit my hiker blog at http://hikermonica.blogspot.com.

If you are still interested in donating for this wonderful cause, there is still time to do so as I am within inches of reaching my fundraising goal of $1,200. You can donate in 2 ways by June 30th:
Fill out the attached sponsorship form (please put my name on the line designating the hiker you are sponsoring) and mail it with a check to: Wilderness Heals/ESH, Monica Chopra, P.O. Box 300039, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130 (or return it to me directly)
Donate online by going to http://www.elizabethstonehouse.org/pledge.htm and use the “Donate Now through Network for Good” button (please put my name in the dedication box to designate the hiker you are sponsoring).
Please let me know by email if you have donated so I can keep track of who has donated on my behalf.

**As an added bonus, for each one of you that donates, I will enter you in a raffle to win 1 of 2 $25 giftcards to Amazon or Barnes & Noble. Winners will be picked on July 1st.**

Thanks you so much for your support, and feel free to call me with any questions!!

--Monica

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Web Counter