Training Hike #1: Mt Wachusett
All I could think of when I woke up this morning was...Rain, Cold, Wet, and Fog...which are great words to describe how the entire hike went. After driving a slippery and rainy path for 1.5 hrs, I finally reached Princeton (luckily without getting lost). I kept thinking "should I turn back and head home" and forget about doing the hike because of the weather...But I didn't and pushed myself to face my anxieties. Afterall, it's a good experience to hike through the rain, then I would know how to deal with it in the future.
As I arrived Wachusett Mountain State Reservation, I met up with 6 other women (Leaders: Nabia and Rebecca, Annette, Jo, Carol, and Chris). After introductions, we set off on our 2.5 hrs hike up to the summit and back down again. Here is a condensed version of the map of the moutainand the trail we went on is highlighted.
It was quite a rocky and cold hike up and of course the view was incredibly foggy, but it was exhilarating when we reached the top and once again at the end of the entire hike. I thought I did well and that I handled my health well. I had my fears, but everything worked out fine. As a first hike, it did seem somewhat of a challenge to maneuver on those rocks, but definitely a great hike to start off with. By the way, having my big backpack on my back was not as bas as I had thought it would be. Also, I did not get that muddy. I'm actually looking forward to my next hike...

1 Comments:
Cool. Sounds like a good time...even with the "wet, cold, soggy" bits :~)
Post a Comment
<< Home